The Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) released their 2017 Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management and Prevention of COPD, Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease report.
New in the update:
- Revised and improved ABCD assessment tool
- New recommendations concerning ongoing self-management and education programs
- More stepwise approach to the use of inhaled corticosteroids
- Enhanced outpatient transition criteria
- Use of interprofessional care management throughout all levels of care
- New evidence for pulmonary rehabilitation and palliative care
The Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) works with health care professionals and public health officials around the world to raise awareness of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and to improve prevention and treatment of this lung disease.