The National Board for Respiratory Care is the credentialing organization for those entering into the respiratory care profession. The NBRC offers testing across seven specific areas of respiratory care:
- Certified Respiratory Therapist
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist
- Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist
- Adult Critical Care Specialist
- Neonatal / Pediatric Specialist
- Sleep Disorders Specialist
The NBRC works collaboratively with other national organizations that include:
- The American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
- The American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST)
- The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)
- The American Thoracic Society (ATS)
More information about the NBRC and examination testing can be found at www.NBRC.org.
New content outline developed for the TMC and CSE beginning in 2020.
Now you have another great reason to be an AARC member – discounts on your NBRC examinations! All AARC members are eligible for discounts on certain NBRC examinations.