The National Board for Respiratory Care is the credentialing organization for those entering into the respiratory care profession. The NBRC offers testing across seven specific areas of respiratory care:
- Certified Respiratory Therapist
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist
- Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist
- Adult Critical Care Specialist
- Neonatal / Pediatric Specialist
- Sleep Disorders Specialist
The NBRC works collaboratively with other national organizations that include:
- The American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
- The American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST)
- The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)
- The American Thoracic Society (ATS)
More information about the NBRC and examination testing can be found at www.NBRC.org.
It is the mission of the NBRC to protect and enhance patient lives by promoting excellence in respiratory care.When you choose to submit your annual fee, you are not only demonstrating your commitment to the profession, you are also investing in our newest practitioners as they launch their careers.
Your annual fee helps maintain the costs of credentialing examinations, fund action for patient advocacy, fund research necessary to keep the credentialing system viable, and remains an important part of continued growth targeted at promoting the profession.
We spoke, the NBRC listened! Based on feedback, we are pleased to announce a virtual calculator will become available while taking NBRC examinations in January 2020.
If you haven’t had a chance to check out our videos, now is a perfect time! They have been updated to include the most recent enhancements and changes to our website, practitioner portal, and Credential Maintenance Program.
New content outline developed for the TMC and CSE beginning in 2020.
Now you have another great reason to be an AARC member – discounts on your NBRC examinations! All AARC members are eligible for discounts on certain NBRC examinations.