The NJSRC Shore Conference was held at the Tropicana in Atlantic City October 11-13, 2017. Over 400 respiratory therapists from across the state came together to Participate, Learn and Lead!
The first day kicked off with Ken Capek giving the attendees the most up-to-date information on “Addictions, Smoking and Vaping”. The learning continued all throughout the day, with a wrap-up by Andrew Martin, MD. The true networking activities kicked off in the exhibit hall where, over a glass of wine and hors d’oeuvres, attendees and vendors engaged in valuable discussion regarding advancements in technology.
Thursday featured 5 breakout sessions, the Keynote Address and the Awards Ceremony. Natalie Napolitano, MPH, RRT-NPS, AE-C, CTTS, FAARC educated the audience on “The Professional Road Ahead.”
The Awards Ceremony celebrated the following individuals for their contributions to Respiratory Care:
- A. Gerald Shapiro: William Galvin MSEd, RRT, CPFT, AE-C, FAARC
- Practitioner of the Year: Lisa Landry BSHS, RRT, CTTS
- Vendor of the Year: Aerogen, represented by Gina Fike
- Best Booth: Wanaque Center
- President’s Award: Jill Guide, RRT
Additionally, outstanding students were acknowledged as the 2017 Student of the Year from their respective colleges:
- Olga Biryuzova, Brookdale Community College
- Megan Chillari, Rutgers University-Stratford
- Loreen N. Mwangi, County College of Morris
- Piotr Partyka, Rutgers University-Newark
- Shanna Lee Strayhall, Bergen Community College
The final day didn’t disappoint, with 3 more CRCE credits to be had! Valuable feedback from each of the attendees has been received and will considered as we plan for this year’s event! Stay connected for more information as we receive it!