The National Board for Respiratory Care is the credentialing organization for those entering into the respiratory care profession. The NBRC offers testing across seven specific areas of respiratory care:
- Certified Respiratory Therapist
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist
- Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist
- Adult Critical Care Specialist
- Neonatal / Pediatric Specialist
- Sleep Disorders Specialist
The NBRC works collaboratively with other national organizations that include:
- The American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
- The American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST)
- The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)
- The American Thoracic Society (ATS)
More information about the NBRC and examination testing can be found at www.NBRC.org.
It is the mission of the NBRC to protect and enhance patient lives by promoting excellence in respiratory care.When you choose to submit your annual fee, you are not only demonstrating your commitment to the profession, you are also investing in our newest practitioners as they launch their careers.
Your annual fee helps maintain the costs of credentialing examinations, fund action for patient advocacy, fund research necessary to keep the credentialing system viable, and remains an important part of continued growth targeted at promoting the profession.